More about Filip:
What is important for me in the piano pedagogical work.
1. To be able to give to the students the great tradition and the real ”school” of the piano playing and make sure that this tradition will survive trough future generations.
2. Inspire the students to find their own voice in the music making and own sound in piano playing. To develop young pianists to be the multidimensional musicians.
3. To help young pianists with piano technique related physical problems. And help to calibrate the piano technique in many different aspects.
4. Help young pianists with the mental problems for ex like fear and instability in stage performance situations. Specially help needed in the competition or audition situations. Here it would be good to mention the importance of the work on the group lessons, where pianists can play the program for the group of their colleagues and discuss for ex some of the public performance related problems as well as interpretational details.
5. Help to work with memorization, learning process of difficult texture material and work on the prima vista skills.
6. Help the young musicians to work not only with the virtuosic and piano bravura technique, but also with the advanced technique related to work with the piano sound.
7. To learn so much like possible different repertoire in many like possible styles and traditions
8. Inspire students to do different chamber music projects, because learning form the other instrumentalists can be the same essential important for the development of the musicianship.
9. Do active organizational work on national and international level. Trying to organize many different projects and tours for the students. In the same time there is a significant importance in participation in international piano competitions and preparation to them.
10. Make the students ready for the
professional music life.
To get to know what goals and dreams
the young musician has and help to
do all the concrete
steps to reach those goals
Only in the past few academic years Prof. Julia Mustonen-Dahlkvist was giving master courses at: Latvian Academy of Music in Riga, Denmark Odense Music Academy, Ireland Royal Academy in Dublin, Iceland Academy of Arts in Reykjavik, Germany Hochschule für Musik Köln, Music Academy in Stockholm, Edsberg department, Finland: Sibelius-Academy, and other music academies at: Turku, Kuopio, Oulu, Pietarsaari, Jyväskylä. Masterclasses at the festivals: Helsingborg Piano festival, Göteborg Piano Festival, Tjenre Festival in Artsakh.
Her students are participating in many different competitions and winning some prizes in some WFIMC competitions.
Julia is also a president of the Ingesund Piano Foundation.
Organized tours for the students in: Finland, Latvia, Iceland and Denmark. Pedagogical and artistic developed work of Instrumental Teachers Education Program prof. Julia Mustonen-Dahlkvist was presented in the national piano pedagogue congress in Sweden in 2015.
Besides deep devotion to the pedagogical work prof. Julia Mustonen-Dahlkvist is an artistic director of Glafsfjorden Music Festival and newly restarted Nordic Piano Competition, www.nordicpiano.com
Prof. Julia Mustonen-Dahlkvist is also an important part of the development of the new Artistic Bachelor program at Karlstad University, where she also was a founder and creator of the educational plan for the main subject piano.
Presentation of a new Bachelor Education at Ingesund School of Music, Piano
Prof. Julia Mustonen-Dahlkvist
about the new Artistic Bachelor program
at Ingesund School of Music
Student on the video is Ernst Erlanson and
he is playing Prokofjev Sonata no 6
Read Prof. Julia Mustonen-Dahlkvists Article about the development of the instrumental pedagogical program. Published in PianoBulletin Magazine in Sweden.
More about Ernst:
Here you can see a LIVE stream reports about all our projects and also - get to know more about my work, meet my students, look to many videos and many more exciting details!
We are happy to present this competition, what will take place at Ingesund School of Music in 2017!
New location, new rules, concerto final accompanied by the Wermland Opera
Orchestra conducted by Johannes Gustavsson,
Artistic Director: Prof. Julia Mustonen-Dahlkvist
Main Sponsor: Blüthner Pianos
Follow the competition news at:
Here I want to present my institution.
Look at www.mhi.kau.se for practical and official info!
The campus of a Karlstad University- Musikhögskolan Ingesund is located on the lake in the middle of the Swedish forest. Peaceful plays with many fantastic instruments, where future pianists can focus, practise and develop peacefully and fast! Our institution developing really fast as well, besides best in country program for the instrumental pedagogues now we are building up the bachelor - soloist education, what will be launched in 2016!
More about Daumants: